Sunday 23 March 2014

Darkness In The Light

Why do I always see the darkness in the light?  That used to be a question I asked myself all the time.  When a car would go past, everyone would just see it drive on but I saw it swerve out of control, crashing into others on the road flipping over and causing an explosion.  Me seeing something like that was just a daily thing.  I thought I was crazy and so did the people I told about my issue.  I stopped telling people about what I saw for years so they wouldn't see me as some freak but still I saw the darkness in the light.  Every single day I saw death and destruction which never even happened or at least it didn't happen to normal people.

One day I was walking along the street basking in the sunlight, everything was bright without a single cloud in the sky.  There was a small mountain covered with fresh forestry surrounding it.  At the top was a flourishing meadow, a farmhouse and a windmill.  In the sunlight they stood out more than ever, it was an image you would see in landscape calendars.  While I was looking at it there were others on the street also staring up at the mountain.  They all looked out of place but no one else seemed to notice them I was the only one who could see them.  There were five of them; two guys and three girls, each of them were dressed differently but one thing showed they were all together.  A symbol.  The symbol had a black circle at the centre with a white ring outside that and then black triangle spikes surrounding the ring.  It looked like a black sun.  On some part of their clothing that mark was found; some on the back of their jackets, some on their sleeve and one girl had it on the skirt part of her green dress.  Whoever these people were they were not normal and that worried me because in everything I have seen there has never been other people like this.  They were also paired up except for the girl in the dress, she was alone and also the nearest one to me so I started to walk up to her.  That's when it happened again.  I saw the darkness in the light.

Falling from the sky at incredible speeds something collided with the mountain.  The impact was devastating, in an instant the mountain collapsed within itself and everything on it; the meadow, the farmhouse and the windmill was reduced to nothing but ashes.  Every time I saw something happen it was never this bad.  It was always something small like a car or a person.  The worst was a house collapsing, never before have I seen anything like this.  The entire mountain was destroyed and there was a massive ash cloud coming this way.  I started to panic.  The cloud would take 30 more seconds to get to me and I had no idea what would happen as the feeling I have about this issue is unlike the other times.  This feels like it can actually hurt me.  I wanted to run but my legs were frozen to the ground.  I could not move from the spot where I stood.  All I could do was watch.  While watching I saw the black sun group notice the mountain as well.  They saw what I saw, there were others like me.

Each of them started pulling out a blue stick and stabbing it into the ground.  They managed to stab the stick through concrete with ease.  The ash cloud had just about reached me when the blue sticks started to glow and grow causing the ash cloud to recede.  I started to relax and was actually able to move again so I walked to the girl in the dress.  I had to find out what was going on so I asked her, "What just happened?  What are those blue things?  How can you see that mountain be destroyed when other people can't?  Who are you?"  All these questions came out at once, I only wanted to ask what happened but instead I fired out way too many questions.  The girl turned around and she looked to be around my age but the look on her face was utter shock, out of nowhere she slammed her fist into my stomach.  I have been hit quite a few times but this girl can punch harder than most of the people I know.  I stepped back before she decided to take another shot at me and that's when a girl on the other side shouted across to her,  "Jess why did you just punch a norm?  We got to focus here they will show up any minute now!"  I have no idea what she meant but I could see the girl who punched me, I'm guessing her name is Jess, got annoyed by getting shouted at.  "It's not my fault Tia!  He star...."  While she was in the middle of answering something happened.  From the receding cloud there was a clicking sound, like that of a dolphin communicating and that caught all of their attention.  Each of them stared at the cloud where the noise was coming from and then held a red stick this time.  The girl called Tia shouted to them all, "Get ready, they are coming!"  After that the red sticks they held turned into different weapons.  Each had a different type of weapon; one had dual pistols, another had an axe, one had a katana, the girl called Tia had a bow an arrow and Jess had an arrangement of weapons.  She had four throwing knives strapped to her leg, a metal staff on her back, a funny shaped dagger on her waist and in her hands she held two small swords which she put together to make it double ended.  Out of all these people this girl seemed to be the deadliest one.  I had no idea why they would need weapons or even how they got them in the first place.  Whatever was happening here all seemed like a dream to me until I saw what was making the clicking sound.  The cloud had receded enough and now I know why the weapons are needed.

Creatures darker than black walked out.  They were hunched with a shell on their back, their faces were flat with eyes pushed into their head, I don't think I can call them eyes instead they're just blazing red dots.  Drool oozed out of their razor teeth filled mouth, their arms were like a mantis except with sharper blades and a pair of claw hands at the end.  The legs seemed fairly human until they started twisting into a spring shape.  Then theses creatures launched themselves with great speed at the five people standing before them.  The creatures outnumbered these people three-to-one but they could easily handle themselves especially Jess.  The others worked in pairs and were quite skilled together but Jess was alone and she was demolishing the creatures.  I moved back slowly trying to get as far away from this insanity as I could but something blocked me.  I didn't want to take my eyes off the action so I tried feeling what was in my way.  It was like a rubber wall.  I could push it a bit but then it would bounce back.  Nothing like that was there before.  I had to turn from the action to see what it was and then I noticed, I was next to the blue stick Jess stabbed into the ground so whatever was blocking me is something they created like some sort of force field.  I had no where further to go, I was stuck here with these creatures and the group fighting them.  One of the creatures noticed me and started making that funny clicking sound again, that's when every creature still alive looked at me.  The first one came charging at me but Jess ended up killing it with her throwing knife.  The other creatures were too busy with the rest of the group to come after me.

It didn't take long for the group to take out these creatures and that's when Jess turned her attention to me.  Usually a hot girl in a green dress turning her attention to me would be a good thing but this time is not like that.  She is covered in black dust and goo while carrying multiple weapons and is looking at me furiously so that got me afraid.  Rampaging at me she points her blade in my face,  "How can you see this?"  I try giving an answer but the words won't come out.  I stand there mouth open not saying anything and that makes her more agitated.  "Are you trying to annoy me!"  She wasn't asking me a question.  Out of nowhere Tia was standing next to me lowering the blade from my face.  "Calm down Jess.  Can't you see he's frightened.  Any normal who just saw what happened would be."  Tia was able to disarm the tension and make Jess walk away.  Then she turned her attention to me.  "I'm sorry about Jess she can be a bit hot headed but her heart is in the right place."  Not knowing what to say I just nodded in agreement.  Then she carried on.  "So I'm Tia and you just met Jess so what's your name?"  Tia was very different in the way she held herself.  You could tell she was the leader by the way she commanded respect and the others watched her attentively but no one interfered in her calming down Jess or talking to me.  "My name is Dan."  I replied to her question just in case she turns out like Jess.  She seemed pleased I gave a response.  "Well it's nice to meet you Dan.  Now, how can you what just happened?"  Tia may have been asking in a friendlier tone but I had the feeling if I didn't answer her then something bad would happen to me.  "I don't know how.  I've never seen anything this bad before, usually I'll see something happen to a car or a person which no one else can see."  I then pointed to the creatures laying dead on the ground.  "Those things are something I have never seen before.  What are they and who are you?"  My hand was shaking while I pointed to those creatures but Tia didn't give me a reply she just turned and walked off.  She wandered back to the guy she was paired with and started talking to him.

Thinking this was all over with was stupid as I started to hear something.  It was not the clicking of these black creatures instead it was some kind of whistling.  Unlike the last time the others didn't notice this sound.  I asked Jess,  "Can you hear that noise?"  It just seemed to get louder and louder.  I could barely hear myself think.  I shouted to her "Can you hear that?"  She just looked at me confused.  Then they appeared.  Out of the lingering ash cloud they walked out.  An easy eight foot these things stood at but no one saw them.  Jess was looking at the ash cloud and trying to see something but she couldn't see them.  No one could.  They all stood there staring at me like I was crazy.  An excruciating pain started in my head it was as if something was trying to break out of my skull causing me to collapse to the ground and wail out in pain.  Jess ran over to where I lay shouting at me, "Hey get a hold of yourself!"  She then turned and shouted with concern in her voice to the others, "Get over here something is happening to him!"  Then everything went silent.  I could see the others surrounding me, none of them had their weapons anymore.  They were speaking but I could only see their lips moving, not a sound could be heard.  It was an eerie silence surrounding me when I spotted those giant monsters getting closer with what could be seen as a grin on their faces.  It was them who were causing this pain and no one could see or hear them but me.  These monsters were trouble.

These things couldn't be seen as creatures like the black creatures, no these could only be seen as true monsters.  The skin covering these monsters were a dark turquoise colour with splashes of green and black spotted all over them.  Their claws were large enough to crush a bulls skull and looked sharp enough to cut straight through solid rock.  They weren't just tall either, they were built with pure muscles from head to toe.  They had the same kind of head as the black creatures with the added addition of tusks on either side of their jaw and a more human looking face.  There were eight of these monsters all walking this way with the only person able to see them being me.  I tried to point at them and shout for the others to notice but nothing came out of my mouth.  These monsters were almost within touching distance.  It was over.  I was the only one who could see them and I'm laying here on the ground unable to do anything when Jess got her weapons out and started running at these monsters slashing wildly where I pointed.  The others looked on with surprise at what Jess was doing.  Then she hit.  One of the monsters got cut and let loose a high pitched scream letting everyone hear it and then their faces turned to shock.  They could finally see the monsters as well.

While I lay on the ground a battle broke out between these people and the monsters.   Jess however was still a beast fighting two of them at a time, straight after killing the one who squealed.  They seemed to be winning against these monsters until back up arrived and they arrived in force.  They marched out of the ash cloud in groups, five groups in total with six monsters in each group.  These people were barely winning with eight of these monsters but now with thirty they had no chance.  Even with them pairing up they were still outnumbered while Jess didn't even have a partner and there were two groups moving towards her.  The others couldn't get to her as they were bombarded by the other groups.  She was totally alone and helpless.

My head was still splitting with pain but I forced myself to my feet unable to walk straight I crashed into the barrier.  The blue pole Jess stuck into the ground was right in front of me so I bent down to grab it.  "No!"  I could hear Jess' voice behind me screaming with what sounded like panic, "Don't pull that out.  You will die!"  Even with her screaming at me something in my gut told me I had to do this.  It was as if it was calling for me.  So I pulled it out.  "Argh!!!"  It felt like electricity flowing through my entire body from this blue pole.  A slow burning pain moved from my hands to my arms, my neck, my face and then finally my eyes.  "Argh!!!"  I could only scream in pain as this powerful force flowed throughout my body not allowing me to let go of the pole.  My head already ached but now my eyes were burning and I could feel something covering the entire eyeball, then all the pain cleared.  My body felt lighter as if gravity wasn't holding me down anymore.  I took a step forward and I stumbled to the floor twenty feet away from where I stood.  I don't know what happened but I practically teleported or so I thought.  When I picked myself up and took another step I had gone another twenty feet without falling over but I realised I was moving extremely fast not teleporting.  I noticed the blue pole had vanished but whatever that had done, it had changed me.

"Die you filthy monsters!"  Suddenly Jess started shouting and not at me.  I looked over and there she was, surrounded by ten monsters and losing the battle.  Her face was covered in splattered black blood from the monsters she slashed, sliced and cut but still they were too many for her to handle.  "Get the hell away from me!"  With the odds against her she still gave a battle cry and tried to fight on but this just wasn't enough.  She had been cut on the arm, leg and stomach in the few seconds I had watched her.  "If I'm going down...... I will ..take as...many...of....yo..u....wi...th....m......e........"  She had lost.  The monsters surrounded her while she lost consciousness and started falling forward to the ground but the monsters weren't done as they were ready to shred her falling body to pieces.  I ran for her and with this new lightness I was able to catch her and get past the monsters with barely a scratch from them.  I got her as far away as I could then laid her down on a patch of soft green grass.  My hands were stained in her warm crimson blood.  The amount of gashes on her body were insane.  She was bleeding out and fast.

She lay there unconscious on the grass blood covering her entire body, from splatters on her face, to the stained hands holding her weapons, from her sliced legs to the slashed torso.  Even though she is a beast in battle, scary as hell when talking to and now laying here on the verge of death covered in blood I can't help but admire her.  The little smile appearing on her face washes away the warrior in her and truly brings out the beauty in the girl.  The weapons she held start to fade away and the red pole appears again in her hand.  "Creee!"  A loud high pitched shriek comes from behind and starts to get closer.  The red poles can turn into weapons for them so hopefully it would turn into a weapon for me so I grabbed Jess' red pole.  I had the pole in my hand but nothing was happening, there were no weapons appearing.  I shook it but nothing.  I banged it on my hand but nothing.  "Activate!  Turn on!  Transform!  Become a weapon dammit!"  Nothing was working, this pole would not give me a weapon.  The monsters were getting closer and I was near Jess which means she was an easy target for them so with the red pole in hand I took the fight to them.  My new speeds allowed me to get close to the monsters and then move away before they could catch me.  The only problem I had was the fact that I had no weapons while their entire body was a weapon which could mutilate people.  I ran at them hitting them with the pole and then retreating but this didn't seem to do any damage.  All I seemed to accomplish was getting them angry at me.  Well at least they were focused on me and not Jess.  I can't believe I am doing something like this.  I am fighting a group of giant monsters with a small pole because of a girl I just met.  She didn't even like me either.  Whether she liked me or not I was going to fight to protect her from these monsters even if it means I keep going until I beat them to a pulp with this small pole.  "You're using that wrong young man." 

I turn around and there is a guy in his mid forties standing next to me.  He was wearing a tattered kimono, his hair was in a ponytail with a headband on the front, a fuzzy beard and two scars grossing his entire face.  "As I said you're using that wrong.  You're not supposed to hit monsters with it you are supposed to release your power into it letting it form a weapon."  He then grabbed a red pole from within his kimono and released a weapon.  This was a sword standing at about six feet in length, a foot in width and sharp as hell and this guy was swinging it about as if it weighed nothing.  "You see what I just did.  I didn't force a weapon out of it I forged a weapon by releasing my power into the pole.  Now you try it."  This man may seem crazy just appearing out of nowhere but he seems to know his stuff.  I focused on the red pole and tried what he said to release my power into it but nothing happened.  "Nothing happened.  It wont work for me!"  The man just looked at me and laughed.  He was laughing at me in the middle of a battle but when a monster approached him while he was still laughing one swoop of his blade and the monster was defeated.  He didn't even look at the monster. Or even stop laughing.  This guy is the true monster.  He then stopped laughing and moved to where Jess lay.  Lifting his blade in the air he shouted to me, "You would try to protect this girl but can not release any power into that pole.  If I slash this girl now I will kill her but if you are able to focus your power into that red pole you may be able to stop me.  Lets see shall we."  He then switched positions focusing his grip on the blade, if a weak swoop of the blade was enough to kill a ferocious monster, with the amount of focus he was putting into this attack he would cut through Jess completely and probably even the ground. "No. Don't."  His arms started moving down so I started moving to him,  even with the new speed I couldn't become fast enough.  The red pole was in my hand and I was focusing on it but still nothing was happening.  "Stop, please."  I begged him as I ran all the while his blade was getting closer to cutting Jess.  I tried to go faster but I just couldn't,  "Don't do it!"  Then his sword had hit the final part as it reached Jess' lifeless body.

"NO!!"

I erupted, snarling ferociously at this mysterious man and then I was standing over Jess' body looking straight into this man's face.  I thought it was too late, I thought this man had already cut Jess but then I realised I was holding something in my hands.  I'm holding a scythe.

Smiling in front of me this strange man lifted up his blade and slapped me on the back.  "Well done.  I had a feeling threatening Jess would help you.  I noticed your heroics just now.  It's very commendable.  Well done."  He then started clapping his hands in applause.  I had just stopped the blade from killing Jess.  The red pole had transformed for me and become a weapon which I am using to protect Jess from this psychopath who knows a lot about how it works.  I start slashing at him which seems to catch him off guard as if he hadn't expected me to attack him for what he just did.  Even though this was the first time I had ever held a scythe the movements were so natural as if this was a part of me but the psychopath could block each of my attacks with ease.  "Hey now wild one.  I was only trying to get you to unleash your power.  I would never hurt Jess you can ask one of the others."  As he spoke gently trying to calm me down he was only parrying my moves and not attacking back.  "Look at this, it's proof I'm telling the truth."  He then started defending one handed while reaching for his headband and turning it around.  On his headband was the same marking the others wore on their clothing.  This man was telling the truth so I stopped trying to kill him.  This seemed to please him and so he spoke, "Thanks for stopping.  I thought you were trying to kill me."
"I was.  Now tell me who you are, what you are doing here and what the hell is going on?"  He seemed pleased by my reply and then gave me an answer.  "My name is Drake I am part of the same group as these guys.  We deal with things that happen in the shadows before it takes over the light.  The mission I assigned to these guys should have been over but they hadn't called in so I came to check out what was happening.  There shouldn't be one of these Vurls let alone five groups of them either.  I never expected to see this carnage or someone like you."  It seemed as though he is actually on the good side.  "So your with them well that means you can fight these monsters and you also know what they are.  We will save the rest of our chat until we kill these monsters because Jess is bleeding out.  We have to take them down and quick."  He gave me a nod of acknowledgement put his headband back to normal and then said,  "Let's fight then Grim Reaper."

These monsters caused pain so I will cause pain back to them.  My new lightness lets me reach the closest one and with one movement of my arms its head comes off and I move onto the next one.  I have never been the most agile person before but now my movements are so smooth and quick it is unbelievable.  Moving from one position to the next I seem to be too fast for the monsters and so I go after the group who attacked Jess while Drake goes to help the others.  This group had spread out a bit since they attacked Jess and that made them easier targets for me.  With the scythe I aimed for their necks, swirling around one, twisting around another even jumping at one.  I was taking them down quickly which is what needed to be done.  The monsters weren't dumb though as they moved closer together to stop the space I was using to manoeuvre between them.  Unable to get the image of Jess falling from my mind I headed straight for the centre where they gathered up for protection.  Each tried to slash me but I dodged them and lashed out at them.  The scythe as an extension of my arm came slicing down through one monsters entire body and then I tried to cut another one in half but he managed to move and only his arm got cut off.  Crouching down I kept spinning around slicing through a few monsters until I was back to a standing position.  The amount of monsters had decreased drastically but it still wasn't enough as I got caught by one of their claws tearing through my left arm.  "Argh!"  I cried out in pain taking a step back out of the danger zone.  A fire was lit in my skin and muscles burning everything.  I dropped the scythe not realising how heavy it was until now.  This seemed to please that monster especially how it was the one armed monster which meant now both of us were one armed fighters.  I couldn't move my arm without a burning sensation come from the warmth of my blood leaking out of me.  I had to ignore the pain to continue fighting on so with my good arm I picked the scythe up.  It seemed to shrink to become a one handed weapon which helped a lot as that meant I could still fight.

I counted six monsters left of the group that attacked Jess but now it would be harder to fight them as every move I made hurt but I had to ignore it as Jess is laying on the ground on the verge of death and I won't let her die.  I move in and out quickly slashing away at the monsters but not killing them in one attack instead I hit their arms legs or torso's to weaken them.  With this wound on my arm I don't have the force to kill them in one swoop.  Each of the monsters get hit by me except for the one armed one he seems to be moving more cautiously and instead of fighting with just force he seems to be plotting something.  I couldn't mind that though as there were still five healthy monsters around him and they were trying to be quick with their attacks.  Barely able to dodge their slashes I just got a hit in on each of them.  My lips started to go dry as there were some liquid on them and a little had got on my tongue causing that to dry a bit after giving off a rotten salty taste like that of sea bass gone bad.  That is what their blood tasted like and that is what was covering my hands and face.  I went in for another attack but this time I went in with the intention to kill and so I slashed at the neck of two cutting their throats but that was enough to take them down.  Now there's four.

The monsters left seemed to regroup with the one armed monster leading the way but I couldn't give them any room to breathe so I went after them again.  Spinning around to dodge a slash I cut through the chest of one monster causing it to collapse to the ground.  Three left.  Moving swiftly I tried to attack another one but they were ready for me and managed to grab hold of the scythe.  This gave them time to attack me from both directions so I had to let go of the scythe to dodge their attacks.  Collapsing to the ground, claws slashing away above my head only managed to cut a bit of my hair off and nothing else.  Quickly jumping back up I grabbed onto the scythe and kicked off of the monster breaking it's grip and slicing another monster on my way down.  Two left now.  Furious at what they planned I ran head on at the remaining monsters trying to cut at them but they were attacking back.  Neither side could hit each other until I moved for the monster with both it's arms.  I lowered the scythe and slashed upwards jamming it straight into it's stomach and kept going up.  That's when it latched onto me.  Taking it's last breath it chewed down on my shoulder and stayed there until I managed to rip my scythe out of it's body.  Final one now.

My shoulder was dead.  I had the burning sensation in my left arm but now my right shoulder had been bit and after the shock of pain I couldn't feel it.  No pain, no anguish, nothing.  Usually  that would be good but not this time as not only could I not feel my shoulder but my right arm had no feeling in it either.  That bite must of had some kind of poison in it.  That one last bid attack gave the final monster time to attack with it's one arm.  I tried to move quickly but my movements were slow, the lightness in my feet now grew heavier and that meant I couldn't dodge quick enough.  The monster managed to cut my leg but not deep enough to do any real damage.  Then came the next attack which caught my other leg but still no serious damage.  This monster was toying with me for fun.  When it took a step back I could see what looked like a smile on its hideous face.  I wouldn't let it enjoy this so I moved in to attack but my legs wouldn't move properly, whatever he did it had only felt skin deep but instead it has done some real damage and it knows it.  I bark at the monster. "Are you enjoying this you bastard!"  The creepy look on its face said it was enjoying this a lot.  Then came it's reply,  "Gragh!"  All I heard was a shrieking sound but I could tell it was full of whatever kind of pleasure this thing could feel.  Then it pointed to Jess and screeched a mocking yell, "Argh!!"  It was mocking what had happened to Jess.  I tried to move my legs but they still wouldn't move properly and I collapsed to the ground.  Then the monster moved up close and grabbing onto my injured arm he slashed my chest.  "ARGHH!"  I let loose a blood curling cry.  Now a more intense burning passed through my arm and what could only be described as firestorm of pain came throbbing from my chest.  I could feel the blood dripping out but he didn't cut deep enough to kill just maim me.  It then curled it's filthy sandpaper claws around my face and pointed my sight at Jess.  The next moment he let go and went after her.

There lying helpless with injuries worse than my own was Jess.  She was unable to defend herself and now a monster is going after her because of what I did.  If only I hadn't missed when I had my chance she would be fine but now this monster is going to kill her.  All I can do is stay here unable to move watching as he moves closer to her.  No!  I can't just let him go, I have to move even if it kills me.  I move my left arm and grab the scythe.  Excruciating pain passes through my entire body as it moves but I have to ignore it to have any chance of saving Jess.  I make the scythe grow pushing me off of the ground to my feet.  I then start to use the scythe as a walking stick and help move my legs.  I'm able to move but not fast enough.  It's getting closer to her I needed to move faster so I point the scythe to the ground diagonal and make it get even bigger.  It gets big enough to launch me off the ground into the air and make up some of the distance.  I come crashing down onto the concrete causing an electric shock to pass through both legs.  A numb feeling starts in both legs but I have more control over them for now letting me move faster.  Now with more movement in my legs and the boost of the scythe I am able to make up the gap but he is so close to Jess.

He manages to get within touching distance and moves the hair out of her face to get a good look at her and then moves to slash her.  I make one last combination movement which is the largest one so far and I come flying down so close.  I make the scythe smaller again so it works as a small one handed weapon and I see the smile on it's face as it looks at Jess.  This monster is truly enjoying what it's about to do as he brings his claw in to her abdomen.  That is when I come crashing down on it, scythe in hand I hit directly through it's chest and yank back pulling him onto my arm..  His claw misses Jess and hits the grass next to her.  I had stopped the one armed monster from killing Jess.  "Creee!"  I thought I had killed it but it's still alive and now I'm unable to move.  I try to make the scythe change size but it seems I can't do that anymore.  I have no power left.  The weakened monster starts to get up when an arrow splatters through it's head drenching me in it's blood.  The only one with arrows is Tia and it seems as though she had just saved me.  That means Drake has helped the others to kill the rest of the monsters.  It is over.

The monster gets dragged off of me by Drake and one of the others called Luke.  I then move to see if Jess was harmed anymore or not and it seems as though there are no other damages on her even though you probably wouldn't be able to tell by the amount of wounds she already has.  I notice her eyes open slightly and she looks at me.  That little smile of hers stays there and she speaks so faintly, "You should have been killed when you took the pillar but instead you managed to save me when I fell.  Thank you."  It seems as though she wasn't lying about the blue pole, at least my hunch worked out for me.  I tried to think of something smart and witty to say back to her but I couldn't think of anything so I said the first thing that came to me, " I used to see the darkness in the light but now I can see light in the darkness."  This seemed to please her as the little smile seemed to become a full face smile.  All the monster blood in the world couldn't cover the beauty she has when she smiles.  She then closed her eyes again.  Tia and the others immediately grabbed her and pulled their blue posts out of the ground then they were gone.  Drake helped me to my feet and turned me to the ash cloud.  It had now receded completely and the mountain was going back to normal.  The monsters were also turning into ash and disappearing.  Drake perked up and asked,  "Do you want to join us Dan?  We stop these creatures and accidents from actually effecting those who don't see into the shadows.  If our group weren't here then destruction would be all you saw in this world but we make sure that doesn't happen and you would make a good addition to the group.  Dan, The Grim Reaper.  Haha."  He smiled as he called me 'The Grim Reaper', "You could also be Jess' first official partner as no one has been able to keep up with a beast like her but after what you showed today I think you two would make a great team.  So, what do you say Dan?"  He then held his hand out for me to shake.  Fighting monsters on a regular basis is something I never thought I would ever want to do but after today I've learnt that I am not crazy and there are others like me who can see the darkness in the light.  I shake his hand.  "I'm in!"  He smiled and then pulled out a blue pole from his kimono and then we were gone.



I used to see the darkness in the light but now I can see the light in the darkness.

4 comments:

  1. Very good! Nice username as well lol :D Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed the story and also my username.

      Delete